Tuesday, November 30, 2010

THIEF

I'm starting to wonder if it's possible to go grocery shopping, check depositing, Starbucks running, etc without dealing with some asshat cashier at the checkout counter.  I swear to Gob I'm starting to lose it with the BB&T lady not letting me deposit my rent check into my landlord's account because she's not there to "okay" it.  What, does she think I'm going to construct some elaborate money stealing scheme by depositing $1650 a month into someone's bank account?!

This is going somewhere, I promise.

I started thinking about it today after relaxing with some Risk: Factions (nothing like taking the edge off with some country thieving!).  I thought about how nice it would be to sit down and relax with a nice, smooth RPG like drinking a glass of chocolate milk.  Like, for once I could go to a shop and actually buy something without getting bitched at by some lady behind the counter.

The only time I can recall being hassled by a cashier in a video game is when I stole from a shop in Link's Awakening for the Game Boy.

hehehehe

Much to my surprise when I came back into the shop, the shopkeeper stood in the middle of the room and assassinated me with some crazy shockwave.  That's cool, I thought, I can deal with the old Japanese dude being grouchy with me for the rest of the game.  But let me tell you -- this guy is sneaky.  He doesn't stop at murder.  He decided to tell the whole goddamn town what I had done.  Gone were the days of "Link, you found your sword!" "Save the princess, Link!" "Help me find my bottle, Link!".  From then on, it was "THIEF, you broke my pot!" "Where is the princess, THIEF?!" "THIEF! Why are you back?!".  What a douchebag.

I guess I am better off dealing with the BB&T lady.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reminded of this video from Fallout NV http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QY8MjsnC_g

    I remember my childhood best friend being mortified when she accidentally stole from that shop in Link's Awakening. She was so upset at being called a thief over and over that she restarted her game. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome -- I can't think of many games where you can steal items like that.

    I was really upset at first, but then I just stuck with it because I was partly lazy and partly amused.

    ReplyDelete